- Founder and CEO of Evoso Inc.
- Launched Girls Fight Back in 2001, a social enterprise to end violence against women
- Sold Girls Fight Back to Kirkland Productions in 2013
- Author of The Dig (coming in 2018)
- Author of Girls Fight Back! (2 editions)
- Creator and emcee of Evoso Live, an annual speaking event in Boulder, CO
- Named CosmoGirl of the Year by CosmoGirl magazine
- Recipient of the Hometown Hero Award by John Walsh (of America’s Most Wanted)
- Has spoken to over 1 million people at live events around the world since 2001
- Named Best Speaker and Best Female Performer by speaking industry publications
- Appeared in national media including the CBS Early Show, CNN, The New York Times, and The Washington Post
Erin Weed helps leaders and organizations find their voice and speak their truth. She is passionate about communication, connection and changing the world. After the murder of her college friend in 2001, Erin founded Girls Fight Back (GFB), a social enterprise that teaches women’s safety and empowerment seminars at schools, colleges and corporations. At the age of 22, her crusade to inspire women and girls led her to become an author, magazine columnist, media figure and public speaker. After expanding GFB internationally, she sold the company in 2013 and remains a strategic advisor. She launched Evoso Inc. in 2012 to help people and companies discover their truth and share their message with the masses. Erin is an active mentor who has volunteered with the Unreasonable Institute, TEDxBoulder, StartingBloc, Girls on the Run, Greenhouse Scholars, Hollaback and Boulder Startup Week.
What if every person in this world had just ONE WORD to describe who they are and why they are here? Are you afraid of finding out the truth about yourself? Or does it excite you? What if the discovery of your word could set you free to achieve your wildest dreams? Authenticity and communication expert, Erin Weed, believes we are just one word away from being understood, seen, heard and connected to others. She helps people build their lives and careers in alignment with who they truly are. Erin inspires audiences to communicate their truth to others, and connect in a more meaningful way.
Audiences will learn how to:
• Discover their truth, and find their one word
• Authentically communicate thoughts, feelings and beliefs
• Use storytelling for deeper interpersonal connection
• Increase trust among co-workers, colleagues and customers
• Make stronger connections with people in a shorter amount of time
• Gain more personal satisfaction and fulfillment from relationships
• Feel more seen, heard and understood by learning to communicate more clearly
• Become more confident with showing up as one’s true self
Erin has spoken several times at the WILD Summit (Women Inspiring Leadership Development) and has brought down the house every time! She has a comfortable, entertaining, and engaging style that quickly captures her audience’s attention and then keeps them enthralled for her entire speech. Truth be told, Erin’s kind of been our speaking “ringer” since we started our event several years ago. She is someone we can bring in at any point in our program to lift the mood – the truth – and the overall quality of our Summit.
While taking center stage, Erin has the remarkable ability to make you feel like you’re the one being heard. I invited her to speak at our conference. In less than 30 minutes of Erin being her genuine, warm, and funny self, she drew out buried truths and major self-insights from the audience. Across the board, she was their favorite speaker of the conference.
I can’t thank Erin enough for the truly excellent lunch seminar. I have received wonderful feedback from so many of the employees. Her presentation certainly made quite an impression on all of us!
Erin has such a unique and refreshing approach, and I think she is doing a wonderful job spreading her very important message. An employee gave me feedback saying that today’s seminar was one of the best programs we have ever offered our employees.
A/V Set-up Guide
BOOK ERIN AT YOUR EVENT